
Today has been really strange. I can't put my finger on exactly why, except maybe because I didn't sleep well last night and ended up taking a "nap" at 10am. That kinda threw me all out of kilter or something. I have this vague, floating-through-the-day feeling. It's very odd.
So, as I said, I didn't sleep well last night (didn't take my Ambien, because it makes me have hellacrazy dreams!), got up around 7:30ish, piddled around on the computer over my morning coffee, did some laundry, unloaded dishes, went back to bed to read for a bit ('Love you, Mean it' - a 9/11 widows story), after about 30 minutes I decided I should just cover my head with the quilt and take a little nap. I didn't even get up to turn the light out. My 15yo came in the room around noon and asked "What are you doing?" I mumbled, still under the covers, "Taking a nap". She was all "Ooooooo K then." and backed out of the bedroom slowly (I didn't see this, mind you, but I could just tell she was looking at me under the covers like I was losing my mind or something. ~heh~ I don't nap except on Sundays - when I do - and she's never here on Sundays. So me taking a nap at 10am on a Saturday morning was a bit of a shock to her.
ANYWAY, so I get up about 15 minutes later because frankly, who can sleep after you've been woken up at 12pm?? Got dressed, took daughter over to her dad's to babysit for the evening (one of his buddy's kids), and went to CVS to get hubby's script refilled. I browsed around while I was there - in that floaty-feeling-kinda-way that you browse a store when you don't really need or want anything, but there's nothing better to do. Somehow I ended up leaving with about $60 worth of Gold Peak teas, Welches juice bottles, Stride gum, and assorted chocolate goodies - oh yeah, and some Dove Deodorant. For those wondering about the Spending Fast - I got a $30 gift card with hubby's Rx, rolled my ExtraCare bucks, and only spent about $6 cash - which was his. :)
I really should have just stayed home and read some more. Now I have a fridge full of juice and teas we don't really need, and candy that I CERTAINLY don't need. But hubby has his med, and I have my deodorant. So I guess it's not a total waste.
Wow, this is a totally random post going nowhere... ~floats away~

1 comment:
Sometimes naps are good, I wish I could take them. Good to hear the spending fast is going well. I looked at my checking account this evening and i have to go on one until my next pay day on the 15th. Get it all at once, spend it all at once.
Post a Comment