Sunday, August 24, 2008

The Good, The Bad, and the Horrible

The good news is - my daughter is fine. She was really dehydrated and had a migraine that caused her to have stomach pains which combined all together caused her to pass out - apparently, anyway. Doc prescribed more water (which daughter hates, but is getting used to - of course, she's getting used to Fiji water, which Mom isn't buying without coupons!! Though it IS the best I've ever had, as well!). Also told her to cut out the caffeine/soft drinks/diet or regular due to the migraines. She has a tryout for a traveling softball team next Saturday - wish her luck!

The Bad News: Hubby has to have another heart cath on Friday. It's only his 8th or 9th one. He's an old pro now. I told him we could probably do it at home with a bunch of straws duct-taped together and a webcam. He wasn't completely sold on that idea - so we'll spend the Labor Day weekend at the hospital and/or me waiting on him at home - depending on what else they might find once they go in.

The Horrible: My oldest son (20yo) is in a jail in California. I can't get to him, he's been there since Thursday on a "felony weapons charge" because a cop in downtown Santa Barbara saw his hunting/camping knife - in the sheath, on his belt - while son was sitting on the sidewalk playing his guitar. Don't the cops in Santa Barbara have more important things to worry about? Isn't Lyndsey Lohan running over someone's foot or Brittany taking a pee or something?? Geez o pete. I'm usually one to advocate for following the letter of the law - but this is just bogus and I'm ticked off. My son could go to PRISON because he camps a lot and had his knife "concealed" in a sheath while he was sitting on the sidewalk minding his own business. Nevermind that there are crackheads on the next block was selling to an 11 yo kid, or the pimp beating up his hookers down the street, or some dude holding a gun to his wife's head because she went shopping with her friends - lets just arrest this hippie kid for having a camping knife! GREAT PLAN CITY OF SANTA BARBARA!!! < / rant>

Pray for my son, please. He is NOT the jail/prison type and I am so worried I don't know what to do. He is a smart young man, too smart for the lifestyle he has chosen for the time being (traveling around, being a 60's hippie in 2008). I keep waiting for the lightbulb to go off in his head and for him to say "Ok, that was fun! What an adventure! Now, let's get on with Real Life." My fear now is that his "real life" is going to be ruined over stupid stuff like this that may very well land him with a felony record.

1 comment:

Joan said...

I'm so sorry. I knew something was up from twitter.