Monday, September 15, 2008

Well, isn't this just lovely...

I finally get around to making a blog, then promptly forget about it until I am utterly bored (and avoiding scrubbing the trash can). So today I remembered. It's much too quiet at my house with the kids in school and the hubby at work - except when the dogs start yapping in that high-pitched bark that feels like impaling my eardrums with a skewer. Mostly they bark at the wind, or the effects of the wind - a leaf blowing across the back deck, a limb bumping the roof. They are freaks, these dogs. It would be interesting to see what they would do if an actual intruder ever showed up and tried to get in the house. They would probably cower in their crates, completely silent. Hopefully, we'll never have to know for sure.

So I got up at 5:30am with the Mister today (why? no one knows) and did 2 big Beth Moore Bible Study lessons - so maybe I'll finish all 5 this week. Did some cleaning and shopping - got some italian marinated chicken breasts to throw on the grill for dinner. How lazy do you have to be to buy pre-marinated chicken? I mean, honestly. I'm ashamed, but not *too* ashamed that I won't enjoy the convenience - or the raves from the family, should they have any, about the wonderful meal I prepared for them on my day off. ~heh~

I really want some Rice Krispie Treats. Not the pre-made kind, though. Anyone want to make me some?

PS: I had to edit this post 3 times for errors. Must be the Diet Pepsi Max talking.

No comments: