
In the past 7 days I've dealt with:
* my oldest getting arrested for trespassing - 3000 miles from home.
* my youngest breaking up with her boyfriend of 1 year in an apparent moment of insanity.
* my middle child being too busy with work, school, and girlfriend.
* oldest being released after 5 days in the Coconino County jail.
* youngest talking to her ex-b/f that hurt her terribly but was her "first love" which negates anything negative that her parents could ever say about him (in her mind, anyway).
* middle still being too busy with work, school, and girlfriend (guess I'm lucky that's the worst of his ills).
* oldest calling yesterday to tell me that he and g/f have decided to be "ranch hands" - because, you know, they both have *SO MUCH* experience with ranching in the wild west. : | or possibly "caretakers of llamas" - no, I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried.
and finally -----
* Youngest realizing that she went temporarily insane and getting back together with her b/f.
I'll be 40 next month. And anytime I start thinking "I don't want to get old!" - I need only look at my wonderful children to think "Thank God I'm not that young anymore!"

2 comments:
That's some drama!You're a little younger than me but since your children are older you're ahead of me on some things. My almost 16 yr old hasn't gotten into dating.He had a girl friend for a few months last year but realized they were meant to be friends and have remained so.What drains me emotionally with him is schoolwork. In all but 2 of his classes he's making A's. The others C and D. If he was trying I be okay but I find out he's goofing off & not turning in homework. An assistant football has put into his head that football will be his ticket into college. I don't see that.
My daughter is doing fine.
Hey Melinda,
Sorry to hear about all the stress...but when I read the entry and then read the title again I laughed hysterically. Llamas? wow..wish I could do more then send my best to you! :)
Post a Comment