Friday, December 5, 2008

"You'll just feel a little pressure..."

Heard that one before, right? Well, let me say here and now - Doctors lie! I wonder who decided to be the one that said "Let's just tell all our patients 'This won't hurt at all... you'll just feel a little pressure."
Well, let me tell you - when you're having a needle plunged in and out of your neck at all angles over and over again for 30 minutes or so - IT HURTS. Sure, they numb the skin, but that does nothing for your windpipe that's being smushed under the sonogram thingie or the needle that's piercing your thyroid over and over in an attempt to find a nodule the size of the tip of an eraser.

But the good news is - it's over! And most likely, nothing will come of it. I'm confident that the biopsy will come back negative next week. And if not, I'll get through whatever happens with God holding me up.

This hurts a lot worse than it looks!

No comments: