Saturday, July 26, 2008

1 is the loneliest number


It really is. My kids and hubby are all gone this weekend (kids @ beach w/dad; hubby helping someone move) and I'm bored out of my mind.

I went to Greensboro yesterday with my mom. Had to take her to the doctor, and of course I hit up the Harris Teeter for Triple coupons while I was nearby. Then we went to Michaels, where I purchased some decorations for the house @ 70% off (broke my spending fast, but recouped the $ already on eBay - yay!). She bought lunch at Panera Bread - yum - and then I took her home. Then I went to Lowe's Foods for dogfood. Then I came home and surfed online for a bit, cleaned a bit, watched Living With Ed (3 or 4 episodes I'd dvr'd - nice show about Ed Begley & his green family), surfed some more, ate too much bad-for-me-food (stuff I don't eat when the kids are home lol ) - pizza for dinner, leftover Panara chips and a Duel Chocolate Walnut cookie later. BEWARE: those cookies apparently contain crack or some other highly addictive additive. You have been warned! Then I went to bed sometime around 1am. I can't sleep well when they are all gone.

Today I am going to the post office to mail some books and an auction. Then I guess I'll come home and rearrange some stuff (been itching to lately) and clean some. Maybe I'll read a bit this afternoon. I still have a hard time allowing myself to just BE - I feel like I need to be doing something all. the. time. I wish I could relax without guilt.

Anyway, this post is as boring as my weekend. Apologies to those who got this far!

3 comments:

Joan said...

I'll crave alone time then when I have it, I get antsy. My daughter and I like Living With Ed. I wish I could laugh things off like his wife does.

scrappysue said...

had to come say hi too! i went back to pink collar and left ANOTHER comment. her post sure hit home huh? as for you hehe - when we have that all too precious ME time - we don't know what to do with it!!! thanks for stopping by!

Trish said...

Breaking Free -- Thanks for the comment on my blog. Your words really have me thinking and evaluating some priorities.